Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The "New" Etsy


For a long time, Etsy has stood by its "Buy Handmade" motto with the exception of Vintage and Supplies categories. I have been selling on Etsy for about 6 months and have enjoyed my time. I am at 12 sales and each week there has been more and more sales. During this time I had set up a Handmade Artist Forum, Lilyshop and The Craft Star shops and had only 1 sales between the 3 of them. So those I decided that the fees are not worth it for right now. Though, I am starting to change my mind after reading how Etsy has gone "big business". I loved how Etsy was so focused on the handmade artist and keeping the site loyal to those artists. Now anyone is going to be able to sell on Etsy just like Ebay!  I know that business want to grow and Etsy is a business but at what cost is it worth opening up a unique website to the whole world to sell what they want. I love Etsy and will be keeping my Etsy shop open but I am seriously considering opening up another shop somewhere else and focusing my attention on that shop. Any thoughts on the "new" Etsy?

No comments:

Post a Comment