Sunday, April 3, 2016

Try Try Again

So I didn't make it through the first day of Whole 30! Around midnight on day one, I just couldn't fight the urge to eat something sugary. My hands were shaking, I couldn't sleep and the taste of just one Samoa Girl Scout cookie was to much for me. So I dug around to find my stash of Girl Scout cookies and ate just 1 cookie. Then I ate a Cadbury egg! Yikes I know!

I know that not every diet or way of life is for everyone so Whole30 might not be for me or at least right now. This experience did teach me not to quit though. I bought all the ingredients for a good salad and to eat healthy so I need to focus on the healthy eating aspect of my food habits. Yes cutting out all cookies or candy would be for the best but right now I need to learn the art of self control and limiting the amount of junk food I eat. Last night, I ate the same "bad foods" but not the other junk food that I craved all day.

What I am learning to do is replace some of the bad cravings with decent snacks like nuts or dried cranberries. I might not be able to go cold turkey with sugar but I can limit myself and keep trying to live healthier every day. Remember you are not alone in the struggle against food. Yes eating junk is cheaper and easier but your body will feel better when you get a special treat instead of eating it all day everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment