Sunday, August 30, 2015

Makeup for Meira's Minions Autism Speaks Team




Did you know ...
  • Autism now affects 1 in 68 children and 1 in 42 boys
  • Autism prevalence figures are growing
  • Autism is the fastest-growing developmental disorder in the U.S.
  • Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
  • Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism
  • There is no medical detection or cure for autism
Autism is a condition affecting more and more children across the world but very little is know about it. Autism Speaks raises money through walks and other fundraisers to help with research to find out more on how to help children and adults with Autism. My 5 year old niece Meira has Autism and her mom set up a team called Meira's Minions for an upcoming Autism Speaks walk in Cranford, NJ. 

These walks raise money and awareness to Autism. As a single mom, I cannot just donate a lump sum of money, so I am walking and raising money like we used to on my old sports teams. My first fundraiser is donating 100% of my commission from all sales on my site angeleyesbymeagan.com which is my Younique makeup and skincare site. These products are amazing and when you purchase just one item (or more if you would like), you are help to support a 5 year old, an organization and other people with this condition. So isn't a tube of lipgloss worth it's money now?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment