Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Bah Humbug Club

It's the time of year that people are supposed to feel more love in their heart then any other time of year... So why am I living the spirit of Bah Humbug? As a single mom, I feel more stressed out around Christmas time then ever and it seems to get worse every year. Danyella gets older and wants more things and those things get more expensive. I would love to cancel Christmas gifts and spend the money on the car I need to buy but the rest of my family doesn't agree with my theory of getting back to the true spirit of Christmas. 

Christmas is t supposed to be about what we get but what we give to others. I have tried to instill this as I raise Danyella but the world we live in is all about me me me. All Danyella really cares about is whether Santa is coming to give her the iPod she wants or the doll she wants or the other things on her list. I would rather have her buy gifts for other kids that need clothes or something special for Christmas and get away from the I want, I want, I want attitude. 

With the lack of Christmas spirit makes me not want to do any of our Christmas traditions like watching  Chrsitmas specials.... Doesn't help that TV has ruined how special these movies and shows are by running them on a loop everyday so now it's just another show. I used to love baking Christmas cookies but really could care less about baking them this year. Singing Christmas carols... Bah humbug. Driving around and looking at decorated houses.... Bah humbug. Even buying gifts for yo there... Bah humbug! 

I am not sure anything will change this attitude of mine before Christmas morning but until bedtime on December 25th, I will be putting on the fake smile and pretending (as much as I can act my ass off) that I am enjoying Christmas this year. Who else is joining me in the Bah Humbug club??

No comments:

Post a Comment