Thursday, August 29, 2013

Single Mommy Plays Daddy Too

As I set out to fight my ex in court, I found this prayer today that I think is fitting for every single parent. My ex thinks that paying $146/month is to much for him because getting a job at Walmart is beneath him so he lives from job to job as a self-employed construction worker. I was so lividly mad when I got the court papers yesterday but today I am putting it in perspective. 

I am the one that is mommy and daddy for my daughter. I have taken care of her by myself since day one and I wouldn't change that for the world. All the kisses and hugs were mine to cherish and keep while he sits at his house alone and miserable. Having Lily motivates me to work a little harder to make sure she has what she needs in her life. She has a roof over her head, good food in her belly, clothes on her body, toys to play with and a mommy that loves her enough for 2 people. She has her moments of asking about "Daddy" but she will always know that it has been mommy that loves her and takes care of her. 

Moments maybe feel awful, negative and even vengeful but they are moments. We all have the choice to make the next moment a happy, loving one. Go have some happy moments today!

No comments:

Post a Comment