Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Today We Are All Going To Be Happy


Groucho Marx really hit it on the head with how I am feeling on this inspirational Wednesday. Being in Al-Anon and having been to AA and NA meetings with friends, the groups all live on the theme Just for Today. On my forearm, I have a tattoo that reads "No Day But Today" (ok all you musical/Broadway lovers: what musical is that from??). Despite my constant reminder that we only have today to live, I am always forgetting and thinking about tomorrow or even worse regretting yesterday, last year or even 10 years ago. 

Groucho Marx reminds us that we only have today so be sure to be happy today. Things might be a struggle in my life right now but I feel lucky to have today considering we are approaching the anniversaries of the deaths of 2 very special people in my life. So be happy and live each day to the fullest because we never know when it will be our last today!

No comments:

Post a Comment