Tuesday, September 10, 2013

First Date Anxiety


This week of online dating/talking has been an adventure... to say the least! I have been contacted by over 50 guys, most not in my profile description, but talked to about 20. I am not sure what the point of the profile is because it seems like the guys don't read it at all. The ones that I would have no interest in dating were quite persistent but I just ignored them because it would go no where. I gave my number to text to a few of the guys and set up a couple of dates. 

Over the weekend, one of the guys came to visit my booth and meet me at my show, which was terrifying for me. I haven't had to do a blind date thing for years so to meet someone while I am working is a bit more awkward. "Tree guy" came down as I was packing up on Saturday so we talked for a few minutes then he came back the next day for an hour or so. I felt a bit like a fool because I was dressed up in a Victorian outfit with NO MAKEUP!  Everyone around thought he was cute and kind. I enjoyed talking to him until I found out that another guy I was talking to decided to come down and meet me... at the same time "tree guy" was there. Only I would end up in that situation! 

Well, I saw the guy walk by but he didn't recognize me because I was dressed up and didn't look like "me". Now I know why people say blind dating is so terrifying because this guy didn't look like his pictures. He looked much older then 40 and heavier then the slimmer pictures on his profile. So, I avoided his texts and he didn't meet me. I felt so guilty but I didn't want to make the situation anymore awkward or lead him on to thinking that the meeting would lead to a date. Yes, mean of me but I am better at avoiding then confronting uncomfortable situations.  Plus, Tree Guy and I had a good laugh over it. 

Overall, I am finding online dating terrifying but a little fun. It is nice to have some adult interaction and hoping my first dates will be fun. Now, on Tuesdays you will get to find out about my world of single mom dating..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment