Friday, September 11, 2015

Never Forget

Do you remember where you were in the moment you heard about the towers on 9/11/01? I remember it like it was yesterday and that paralyzing feeling still all to real in my mind today. It was supposed to be just an ordinary day, like every other day, until the moment where everything changed. 

My next question is.... Is our society back to being as relaxed as we were in the hours and minutes before the first plane hit the tower? So many people just go about their day like nothing happened on that day but it is US that need to remember those fateful moments that took to many lives and destroyed families forever. Yes, I have been through the airport security checks since 9/11 and it is a pain in the arse. I would take the long lines and intrusive bag checks over being in a hijacked plane any day! 

On this anniversary, I ask that you take a moment to remember where you were and how you felt when you got the news of 9/11 and then list what you are grateful for because you are still breathing while the people in those planes, in those buildings and the heroes that ran into those buildings are not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment