Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Give A Little for the Animals


After seeing people come together and help the victims of the Oklahoma tornado disaster, I decided that each month I am going to find a charity (either local, national or worldwide) to donate 25% of my sales. I have always believed that people have something to give whether its money, time, skills, items and more so I try my part in giving back in whatever way I can in my life. I am teaching Lily the same beliefs so this charity is for my animal lover.  So for the month of July 25% of my sales and 25% of Lily's yard sale profits are being donated to Common Sense for Animals.

Common Sense for Animals is an organization in Warren County, New Jersey that helps to educate people on the welfare of animals. The organization has pet adoption programs, pet therapy programs, run a feral cat program to help stray cats, southern dog rescue program, and many other programs. For kids, the organization offers a  kid party where they can invite friends to have a party, play with the animals in the shelter and learn how more about animals. They hold different educational classes/seminars and visit local schools to educate people on the proper way to care for a pet. Throughout the year, Common Sense for Animals holds different fund raisers to finance the programs and animals they help like a marathon walk/run, golf tournament, tricky tray, bake sale and more. This is a great organization and if you would like to find out more details or to donate directly to them please click: Common Sense for Animals  If you would like to purchase something for my shop and 25% is donated to the organization please click: Red Shoe Affair Etsy Shop


No comments:

Post a Comment