Monday, July 15, 2013

Kid's First Bible Lessons Website

Our Church is a big part of our lives. I am teaching Lily that we need to give back in order to be good Christians just like the Bible teaches us in its many stories. So we volunteer for anything we possible can at Church like helping at the church dinners, baking for fellowship and much more. This week kicks off Vacation Bible School but in our house we set aside "Bible Time". This is where I try to find a nice lesson and/or activity that teaches a Bible lesson that I feel Lily needs to understand (in 6 year old terms). A few months ago I was doing research on the internet for children Bible lessons and came across My First Bible Lessons.

The lessons explain the different stories of the Bible in words that kids understand while incorporating Bible passages so that they can get used to reading and understanding the Bible. I will admit the stories are long and sometimes Lily does not want to sit through them. There is a Quiz at the end of the lesson to see how much kids learned from the lesson which I think is great. I was pretty shocked after the first lesson how much Lily did listen since she was fidgeting the whole time but she got almost all of the Quiz questions correct!

If you are looking to start or continue Bible Study at home with your kids this is a great website! (click any of the blue links or the picture to be directed to the website)

No comments:

Post a Comment