Monday, June 17, 2013

DIY Kid's Summer Scrapbook


DIY Kid's Summer Scrapbook

Lily and I have lots and lots and lots of plans for this summer to have fun. She had asked to create a scrapbook but scrapbooking is expensive so I came up with this budget friendly way to record our fun each day this summer. The scrapbook is made from things I had laying around the house including a gift box top, stickers and ribbon. I want her to have a journal of what we do that she can look back when she is an adult and remember the fun times we had.... now my challenge is to make each day unique so we have something to write about in the scrapbook!

Materials:
Gift box top/bottom or cardboard that you can color
Stickers
Crayons/Markers
Paper (I used computer paper)
Ribbon
Scissors/Paper Cutter
Hole Punch
Directions
1. Cut the edges off gift box then cut in half and punch with the hole punch. (I used a 3 hole punch)


2. Trim your paper to fit your cover and punch holes in the paper



3. Decorate your cover. I used stickers I found when cleaning Lily's play area last week and since the A's were missing I used a crayon for the As in the word vacation.

4. Tie the ribbon into the scrapbook holes and your finished! Time to start to record your summer fun!!









No comments:

Post a Comment