Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sixlets Candy are Gluten Free


As a kid, I loved candy especially anything chocolate. Well as an adult that hasn't changed much... ok not at all! Sixlets were a favorite when I was younger so when I saw these at Walmart in the Easter candy I knew that I had to put them in our Easter baskets. Yes at 31 I still get an Easter basket! As an adult I don't eat all the candy within a week, it is just a piece here and there. So now we are in June and I still have my Easter candy. Last night I got a craving for chocolate so I went to the Easter candy bag. When I saw that I had just one more pack of Sixlets. When I picked up the pack it caught my eye that it said gluten free. Not once, not twice but three times in bright letters it says GLUTEN FREE. This excites me because this is the first time I have seen a candy not in the special gluten free section that advertises it is Gluten Free. I guess it is time to keep my eyes open to more everyday foods that advertise they are gluten free at a responsible price not the inflated prices in the special Gluten Free section. Yummy Yummy Yummy!

3 comments:

  1. Ah! I loved Sixlets as a kid. A few weeks ago, I saw them in a gift shop, and I completely drooled. I'm trying to watch my weight, so I had to resist the urge to buy them. They sound soooo good night now. I had no idea they are gluten free too.! Bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of sixlets...but I'm from Vancouver. We might not have them up here in Canada-land??

    Oh man, I think some of the stuff that is labeled "gluten free" is hilarious. Saw recently that my strawberries and water bottle were indeed "gluten free"...had a chuckle...

    ReplyDelete