Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Give A Little of Yourself


Something that I have learned in my life is the kindness of others, especially strangers is something that lasts with person til their last day. There is always the battle of remembering the good and remembering the bad and what stays with a person. Well in the end, people remember the good and kindness of people more then the bad things that have occurred in their life. 

My life has been one of highs and lows but it has been the kindness of other people that have helped me get through the lows and celebrate the highs. With my mother's recent medical issues, I have seen how people have a huge heart especially strangers that have helped my family and I. The warmth thoughts and feelings a person gets when receives this kindness resonates everyday. To me, this begins the start a trend of pay it forward. When you give yourself, you can influence others to do the same. This is what has happened to me....

Everything that other have done has encouraged me to use my gift and skills to do selfless acts for other people. I am going back and forth on 2 different ideas. My first idea is to crochet baby blankets for babies with special needs and preemies. I had 2 babies in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) so I know this experience of taking a baby home weeks or months after they were born and still have the special gifts they were given. These keepsakes are something that means so much to parents of these special babies. My second idea is to crochet prayer shawls for people in the hospital or hospice. After my experience with my mom, this is also something that means alot to me because a blanket doesn't always keep them warm. Many times they are in those hospital gowns which have no sleeves and the hospital is cool. The prayer shawl will keep them warm and comfortable in the times that they need. 

So what do you think about which idea I should choose? What kind of selfless acts do you practice in your life?  

No comments:

Post a Comment