Monday, May 6, 2013

Paper Ring Jewelry



If you have a little girl in your life then you know how they love to wear jewelry! The bigger and bolder the better for my daughter. As an artsy mom, I wanted to Lily to wear jewelry she made herself. This boosts her confidence by creating something beautiful and gives her new bling to wear and show off. So today we made paper ring jewelry.

Materials:
Paper
Scissors (for adults only!)
Crayons, Markers or anything to decorate the paper strips
Tape





 Here are my instructions with pictures:

For Paper I just used colored copy paper which is 11" long.

1. Cut the paper into 1-2" strips. I cut about 12 strips.










2. Have the kids decorate the strips anyway they want.













3. Take 1 strip, form a ring and tape the end to secure













4. Insert one strip into the ring, form a ring and tape to secure











5. Continue to tape the rings, interlocking together until you reach your desired size. Then to connect the last ring insert a strip into both end rings and tape to form the necklace.












6. We had enough strips to create a necklace and a bracelet for my lil one to bling out!


1 comment: