Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Spring Cleanse your Body Water

Recently, I came across a post that a friend of mine shared on Facebook that had recipes for Spring Cleanse  Water aka Detox Water.I live with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and my diet has been not the most ideal for a girl with tummy issues. I am supposed to be on a Gluten Free diet but have you tried that over-priced cardboard they call food? It is cheaper to dig a box out of the garbage and eat that instead! Well my body has finally had it with my fried and wheat-filled diet and is putting me in a lot of pain. So it is time to change my diet... this is a very sad sad day for me because I am a foodie!

Well I have been researching recipes and diets to help ease me into the pain of not eating the foods I love for the rest of my life. When my friend posted this link of detox water recipes I thought that I should try it out. I am not a big water drinker without some flavor to it. I have come to love Mio but I am sure the sugar is not good for me. These detox recipes are no sugar added just fruits, veggies and herbs with water!

The first recipe I am trying is the Strawberry and Lime Granite Water. Here is the recipe:
Strawberry/Lime or Raspberry/Lime
Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 6 strawberries / 0r Raspberries and one thinly sliced lime + 12 finely chopped fresh mint leaves. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.

6 large Strawberries and 3 mini limes (all the grocery store had plus I LOVE lime!)

10 cups of water

12 Mint Leaves Chopped (I am not good at chopping so I will be trying to fish them out before I try to drink )

The finished product! I will report on how it taste in another post!

I hope that this inspires others to take care of their bodies by eating and drinking the right foods. We only have one body so lets take care of it together!


No comments:

Post a Comment