Friday, May 24, 2013

Pancakes with a Bacon Surprise

Since I missed Thirsty Thursday's recipe, I am going to give you a review and link to this delicious Pancake with a Bacon Surprise recipe. I am a self-admitted Pinterest addict with all the delicious recipes and awesome DIY ideas and crafts. I came across this recipe for Pancake Dippers by the Lady Behind the Curtain and fell in love! This is pancake strips with a strip of bacon hidden inside. I love love love to dip my bacon in syrup so this was finger food at its best! 

My first take at making Pancake Dippers
Once a week, Lily and I have breakfast for dinner because it is the one time that I can get her to eat meat. To her bacon, pork roll and sausage do not count as meat so we eat it at breakfast for dinner. The recipe is simple and easy with step by step pictures to follow. The recipe calls for a squirt bottle to help get an even strip of pancake batter on the griddle but I did not have an empty bottle so I used a spoon. I was fine with using a large spoon. The thing I did learn was that you have to be very quick to get the pancake batter and bacon set up. 

The dippers were a huge hit with Lily who asked for seconds! Now I know that it is not the healthiest thing to eat but it is the yummiest breakfast food ever! Click any of the links or here to see the recipe: Pancake Dippers Recipe 








2 comments:

  1. YUM! Those would be good for breakfast, lunch and dinner :) And they look pretty easy to make...bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so easy and quick to make! Since I made the bacon in the pan, that took longer then making the pancake surprise. If you make the bacon in the microwave, you can make this in under 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete