Monday, May 13, 2013

Kid's Chore Flower with Removable Petals

Chore Flower
This cute flower came home to me from Lily's class on Friday as a Mother's Day gift but I thought this would be a cute idea for preschooler/grade school kids to use as a chore chart! The flower was made from a paper plate, paper, crayons and a stapler. For Mother's Day, each petal was a chore or something cute like sing mommy a song and give mommy a kiss. I want to have Lily make these each week as a way to get her to do her chores every week. We have removed 2 of the petals and she was so excited each time and keeps asking to do more! What a great motivation for kids and a way to keep them creative!

removable petals
 Now in class, the chores were printed off the computer and glued onto the petals but I think as a way to save paper, I will be just writing the chores on each petal. My second suggestion/edit to the flower is that instead of using a stapler to attach the petals, I will be using tape as a safety issue. Lily is my daughter which means she gets hurt just sitting still so exposing her to staples is the introduction to cuts on her fingers and her no longer liking the chore flower.
The back of the plate

Supplies:
Paper Plate
Paper to make petals
Tape to attach the petals
Crayons

Directions:

1. Cut out the flower petals and write the chores on the petals.

2. Have your child color the plate center and petals.

3. Tape the petals onto the plate.

4. Hang somewhere accessible for your child.


Enjoy the responsibility your are giving your child!

No comments:

Post a Comment